الأربعاء، 23 يونيو 2021

But I have


May God bless you with all the best
 
Visitors and followers of the elegance of thought blog
 (let's read together)

Today's topic is titled (But I Own It)



“I fell in love with this lady,” says this man, “but we recently had our fiftieth wedding anniversary in Missouri, and on our way home she kept telling me we were going the wrong way. Although I know the way home well.

-يقول هذا الرجل: "وقعتُ في حُب هذه السيدة، لكننا مؤخرًا احتفلنا بذكرى زواجنا الخمسين في ولاية ميزوري، وفي طريق عودتنا إلى البيت استمرتْ في إخباري أننا نسلك طريقًا خاطئًا، لقد كانت لحوحة جدًا ، فلم أُجادلها، وسمحتُ لنفسي أن أذهب بالاتجاه الذي تُريده رغم معرفتي الجيّدة بطريق البيت.

Dementia was hitting her brain, and soon she began to forget the names until things got worse, so she wanted to leave the house and walk away. She crosses the street when the lights are on, so I ran to catch her, she resisted me trying to escape, she didn't want to come home with me."

كان الخرفُ يضربُ دماغها، سرعان ما بدأتْ تنسى الأسماء إلى أن ساءتْ الأمور أكثر، فأرادت أن تترك البيت وتمشي بعيدًا، كنتُ أستلقي أمام باب البيت لأمنعها من الخروج خوفًا عليها ، وفي ذات صباحٍ لم أجدها، فُزِعتُ ورحتُ أبحثُ عنها بين سواد الليل، بالكاد رأيتها تعبرُ الشارع عند إضاءةٍ مُنبعثة، فركضتُ ممسكًا بها، قاومتني مُحاولةً الإفلاتْ، لم ترد أن تعود معي إلى البيت".

I miss us when we go out to dance, or to visit other people, I miss the Wednesday when we used to volunteer in a home for the elderly, I miss her passion for music, her love for the piano, the moments when I would turn the playing cards to continue playing more, but she gave up her passion, and there was no one No choice but to tell the center staff to find someone else to play.

"أفتقدُنا ونحنُ نخرجُ للرقص، أو لزيارة اشخاصٍ آخرين، أفتقدُ الأربعاء الذي كنا فيه نتطوعُ في دارٍ لكبار السن، أفتقدُ شغفها بالموسيقى، حبها للبيانو، اللحظات التي كنتُ أقلّب فيها ورق العزف لتستمر في العزف أكثر، لكنها تخلتْ عن شغفها، ولم يكن هناك من خيارٍ سوى اخبار موظفي المركز أن يبحثوا عن شخصٍ آخرٍ ليعزف.

We are now governed by this place and we do not get out of it, but I do not see it as misery.. but rather as an honor.. It is a responsibility and God mocked me for it. It is my turn to serve her after she served me and my family. I may not have her mentality, but I own her, and I have the ability to make her smile, sometimes I make sounds Bubbles and I pretend to blow them in her face just to make her smile, every morning she sits on my lap on this chair until noon.

نحن الآن محكومون بهذا المكان ولا نخرج منه، ولكني لا أرَ الأمر كشقاءٍ .. بل كشرفٍ .. هي مسؤولية وسخرني الله لها، حان دوري لأخدمها بعد أن خدمتني وعائلتي، ربما لا أملك عقليتها، لكني أملكها، وأملك القدرة لأجعلها تبتسم، أحيانًا أصنعُ أصوات فقاعات وأتظاهرُ بنفخها في وجهها فقط لتبتسم، كل صباح تجلسُ في حضني على هذا الكرسي حتى الظهر.

I care for this lady and love her more than I care and love my grandchildren. She likes to let her fingers slip between the buttons of my shirt to feel my skin. She even loves to surprise me with kisses. Every once in a while she comes and gives me a kiss, and sometimes she starts to gossip and doesn't use any known words. It carries any meaning, but I don't tell her to calm down or shut up because a little of her is better than nothing..!"

أهتمُ لهذه السيدة وأحبها أكثر مما أهتمُ وأحبُ أحفادي، تهوى أن تترك أصابع يدها تنزلقُ بين أزرار قميصي لتشعر بجلدي، حتى أنها تُحب أن تفاجئني بالقبلاتْ، فبين كل فترةٍ وأخرى تأتي وتمنحني قبلة، وفي بعض الأحيان تبدأ بالثرثرة ولا تستخدم أي كلمات معروفة وعليهِ فكلامها لا يحمل أي معنى ، ولكني لا أخبرها أن تهدأ أو تصمت لأن هذا القليل منها أفضل من لا شيء..!"
 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

الشعور الخفى

  السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته ،، الحب .. هو ذلك الشعور الخفى الذى يتجول فى كل مكان ويطوف الدنيا بحثا عن فرصتة المنتظرة ليداعب الأحساس وي...